Thursday 3 April 2008

38.

Its funny how life works sometimes.
Your family can frustrate the absolute hell out of you, and at times make you wish that they weren't your family, and that you had the choice whether you wanted to associate with them or not.
But at the end of the day, as soon as something happens to one of those people, and they are threatened in any way, or if they start to feel pain. Then a fierce kind of protective instinct just kicks in.. and you hurt too.. and you would do anything to make them not feel pain, or not have to deal with the things that they are going through.
I discovered that this week. And that no matter how much I might try and ignore it sometimes that I'm always going to be a big sister. And to try and protect her. Because I love her and thats what sisters do.
And I think that I've emerged from the whole situation with a new found respect for her, and kind of realised that maybe she is a much stronger and better person that I give her credit for sometimes.

No comments: