Saturday 23 May 2009

112.

So today I was on the bus, and I looked out the window.. and among all the dark clouds there was the prettiest rainbow. It made me smile so much, because I haven't seen a rainbow in ages. And I kinda thought it's pretty amazing that something so pretty can survive surrounded by a bunch of really dark horrible clouds.

Today I did what I usually do when I'm bummed out, and I went shopping.
Eh, I was kinda supposed to hang out with someone pretty special today.. but it got cancelled.. so I was kinda feeling a bit sorry for myself, as selfish as that is.
Btw..have you noticed that noone uses the word 'date' anymore.. just a random thought.. what is classed as a 'date' these days. To me it was like, two people who like each other a lot spending time together - but noone calls it a date anymore.. it's always just 'hanging out' or 'catching up' .. are we too scared to use the word date anymore because it's too.. i don't know.. pressure-ful or something? Hm.. who knows.
ANYWAY - my point was that .. yes.. after I realised I was now going to spend my Saturday alone, I decided that I needed retail therapy. Because that's my favourite way to cheer myself up, apart from listening to cheesy pop punk songs.
So off I went, and then it turns out that my favourite clothes store ever was having a sale. :D
I love when things like that happen.
I bought two super cute dresses and a cardi - all for under $80!
I'm feeling a little impulsive this weekend - so I've decided to do something a little bit different with my hair.. you'll see :]
I was going to clean today, but I think that at this point cleaning would just ruin my day. So I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon lazing about, listening to music and being an internerd.

No comments: