Saturday 27 February 2010

149.

I am a big believer in the power of positive thinking.
Like attracts like and all that kind of thing, and while I don't think my thoughts go as far as the whole 'The Secret' ideal where if you think of something you'll get it, I still think there is something to be said for being optimistic.

Too many people let things get them down, and let the circumstances of life turn them into a bitter, negative person.
Shitty things happen, it's a fact of life. But wallowing in this fact really isn't going to solve any of your problems.

I remember a time when I used to be a very negative person, and someone that I knew back then told me that if I was sad all the time, then I would just attract similar people into my life. I remember being confused at the time, but when you think about it - it does make sense.

I've discovered through experiencing life, and being happy that I don't want to be around negative people anymore. It feels like people who have that attitude bring me down and make me feel negative too.

I seem to have this eternally optimistic streak, and while it may be a little naive to think this way it really has helped me beyond belief.
It would far too easy for me to let the things that have happened in my life drag me into this bitter, twisted frame of mind.

Happy people attract happy people. If you're a happy, positive person it's really infectious and you find that more and more people want to be around you because you give off this warm, lovely vibe. Nobody wants to be around the person who is constantly bitching and whinging, while refusing to do anything constructive to change their life.

Everything happens for a reason. Even if we can't see what the reason is at the time. Our experiences shape who we are as people. You know the saying 'what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger'? .. it might sound cliche but it's absolutely true.
If we never went through bad times, then how would we appreciate the good times?
If people didn't hurt us, if we didn't meet shitty people, then how would we appreciate the truly amazing ones when they come along?

I'm happy being happy. I appreciate every experience in life. I mean of course I have my down days but I think the most important thing is acknowledging that it's a bad day, and knowing that things will get better. There is no sense in dragging negativity along with you each and every day.

Try to smile at least once every day. It helps.
Try to remember that after every storm, there is a rainbow.
And try to remember; as Marilyn Monroe once said:
'Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together'..

No comments: