Wednesday 3 November 2010

158.

Sometimes I feel so lost, almost like a ghost floating endlessly with nowhere to go.

Do you remember those 'choose your own ending' books? I always used to read ahead, and if I didn't like that particular ending, I would go back and choose something else until I got the ending that I wanted.

At times I really wish that life was like that, I wish that I could skip forward and know the choices that I had to make to get the ending that I wanted, instead of wasting time being disappointed with the way that things turn out.

It's an interesting idea, that going back and changing one small detail at a particular time, in a particular situation could alter your entire future.

And not only your future, but the future of the people who are close to you as well.

If you had the power to go back and 'choose' a different ending, would you only choose the ending that benefits you the most? The ending that you want? Even if it meant that the ending turned out bad for someone that you loved and cared about?

It's kind of nice to be able to imagine that there is some kind of perfect happy ending for us all, but I don't think that it's realistic. The idea of being able to go back in time and change things so that the future is different is explored a lot in the movie The Butterfly Effect.

In that movie, you end up seeing that there is no perfect happy ending, there is no way to please everyone and make it so that every person has things exactly how they want.

I think at the end of the day, it's really about making the best of what you have.
I could sit here for hours wishing that things were different, or that things worked out a certain way.
But at the end of the day, is that really going to get me anywhere?

Yes, at the moment I might feel lost. I might feel alone. I might feel scared that I'll never be happy.

It's called life.

Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.

No comments: